I’ve been at this for quite a while, ups and downs. I had to put it on hold after my accident. I have decided to push myself with the Disney characters I do, not just studies but production ready characters. I began with sculpting in ZBrush, retopo in topogun, UVs in 3ds max and map baking with XNormal. I used a combination of the quixel suite and photoshop for texturing, as well as some polypainting in ZBrush. Keyshot for rendering.
Feedback is welcome. 🙂
More anatomy practice, the first of many I’ll do.
A human torso practice sculpt I did. Constantly trying to improve my human anatomy sculpts.
Another model that was done this quarter. (Wrapped up completion about a few days ago) The initial design of this creature was intended to be more of a carnivorous herbivore (yes, you read correctly) but as time went on it really started to bother me, so I ended up starting over, a decision I do not regret.
Final render, composited in Photoshop:
For this creature I decided to start with Zspheres:
I used ZRemesher and some guides to generate a loy poly mesh, then reprojected the details, finished the sculpt and polypainted the model.
Quick posing was done using Zbrushes transpose master:
Another dinosaur, and many more to come. If you watch the time lapse video you’ll notice I had a rough start with the head, so I eventually started it over. As far as the number of toes on its limbs are concerned scientists are still unsure how many they had(Wikipedia). I decided to stick with four.
The process was similar to what I’ve done in the pas., Mostly starting with spheres for separated parts of the body,with the exception of using Zspheres for the limbs.
Well, the final project of the quarter(for one of my classes at least). The original design of this guy was much slimmer and was more of a sprinter who could run down his prey. The design was not very functional, so I decided to start over and ended up with this. I began sculpting the individual pieces of this guy, that seems to work out for me sometimes even more so that generating a mesh from Zspheres. Eventually I merge all the necessary pieces together before using dynamesh.
Retopology was fun to say the least. I believe this was my first asymmetrical model. I started out in topogun with the head, torso and up to around the elbows. I then applied symmetry and asymmetrically retopologized the human arm. The eel hand was a quick remesh in Zbrush. Finally, I merged both OBJs in 3dsmax before sending it back to Zbrush to reproject details and finish out the sculpt. To be honest I’m not sure why I went with another moray eel centric design, must have been the look one of the eels gave me at the aquarium, stuck with me.
Another creature design for a class this quarter, the third of four I have to do. I’ll admit it was quite a challenge coming up with this guy. i was already getting a creative block after only 2 designs. Perhaps it was because I was limited to the animals took photos of at the aquarium. I decided this guy would be eaten slowly by parasites from the inside out, hence his infected half eaten arm.