Fan art model of Apocalypse, from the X-men. This project allowed me to experiment with new things workflows. I decided on a simple design, as opposed to a mech suit. Sculpting was mostly zbrush with some 3dsmax. Retopo was done in topogun, xnormal for map bakes and Photoshop and the quixel suite for texturing.
This quarter i have materials and lighting, and for this assignment we had to texture a ragdoll twice. I had fun with it, it was a welcome change from procedural texturing in 3ds max. I decided however to use Photoshop, and not the viewport canvas in 3ds max. The teacher did provide a ragdoll model for us which we had earlier learned to unwrap.
I had a lot more fun with the second doll, the first was an in class assignment.
This was actually done today in class, unlike the hand and Squib models. The challenge was to do this in class only. The instructor wanted us to Google the term “ugly doll” and model whatever we liked best. I ended up modeling the ugly doll big toe from newburycomics.com
The next organic model for our hard surface and organic modeling class. We were instructed to model a realistic hand. I must say this was the most challenging thing I have modeled to date. This was also my first ever attempt at a human hand. Overall I am happy with the way the model turned out.